The course is aimed at preparing students to design and develop a chemical process plant based on engineering and economic principles
- Introduction to chemical process design: Objectives of design, feasibility analysis and preliminary flow process synthesis.
- Review of key concepts of distillation and distillation sequencing for multicomponent mixtures.
- Concepts of state task network, thermal coupling, Petlyuk sequence
- Ternary phase diagram and residue curve maps
- Reactor design, homogenous and heterogenous separators
- Heat Integration and design of heat exchangers
- Design for azeotropic distillation.
- Process Economics